ForValueNet network has five research themes. Each research theme is headed by a theme leader. Here is the list of themes and researchers responsible for each of them:
1. Stand and tree growth modelling Theme Leader : Phil Comeau, University of Alberta
2. Three-dimensional stem quality modelling Theme Leader : Alexis Achim, Laval University
3. Sawmilling products recovery modelling Theme Leader : Isabelle Duchesne, Laval University & FPInnovations
4. Value-added wood products recovery modelling Theme Leader ; Paul Cooper, University of Toronto
5. Development of integrated decision-support systems Theme Leader : Sophie D’Amours, Laval University
The overall objective of all these themes is to develop a series of new integrated models to simulate and optimize the value chain of forest product.